- Quick button or key combination to bookmark an URL.
- Review bookmarks for obsolescence. Each bookmark should be checked periodically to find if the resource still exists and have a notification when it does not exist. Bookmarks should have attached a review date to be able to review bookmarks one by one.
- Retitle bookmarks. (Many times the title on the page is not the one I want)
- As bookmarks refer to online resources they may only be accessed online, but I still need transparent backups in case the online resource that hosts my bookmarks accidentally removes them or just disappears.
- Pending revision. I sometimes see something that I need to review but I still do not want to publish in my public bookmarks.
On Web bookmarking
The use cases I need for a web bookmarking application are: